Thursday, May 5, 2011

Divorce troubles

Chilepanda again :D I just got a good idea to kinda help out anyone going through a divorce. My parents got divorced, so I know quite a bit about it. I know it seems preposterous that you're parents are separating, but it's for the better. Here's a list of things that help you get through it:

1. Tell yourself that your parents are doing it for the better.
2. Think about how your parents are happier now.
3. Tell yourself it's better than having them together and fighting all the time.
4. Don't mope about it all the time. It will effect your impression on people and your grades.
5. Don't ever complain about it in front of your parents.
6. If it bothers you too much, talk to someone about it. Me and Piney, for example. But perhaps a friend who has been there too would be good.
7. Accept things as they are once you can.

The most important thing is to not let it affect your whole life. It's better to move along. For a long time, I didn't understand why they wanted to be separated. I wasn't too happy when they both re-married, but now I know that they are much happier. What makes me truly sad is my sister doesn't like our new step-dad, and she hates change. She can't seem to grasp why it ever happened. I don't want you to end up hanging on to it for almost 10 years like she did.

Then again, this is for all of you with divorced parents. Hope it helped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment